Monday, March 23, 2009

BUILDING A WORKSPACE







I have been working soooooooooooo hard (2 jobs). I have had to resolve to make time for crafting. I have even gotten interested in sewing. I had a small inexpensive machine for small jobs like hems and repairs. I am currently looking for a full sized machine and am having a ball searching through all of the great choices. I have become more interested in bigger projects. I got two patterns to start with. One is scrubs for work. I can never have too many scrubs and it seemed like the perfect pattern. I also got a pattern for this cute dress. I have the perfect fabric for it. I will try and see if I can get something going with it in time for the annual Jazz Fest in Clearwater in May. I set aside a small space and I am building a workstation. Right now it is in it's infancy. I have gotten great ideas from different blogs. I eventually want to convert our storage room into a sewing room. That will be a big job which I am not ready for yet but I do need a little space to call my own so this will do for now. I can use my dining room table to cut fabric.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I understand I work 2 jobs too, it's hard to find the time to do what you love but having the space to do it is half the battle, you should check out my peg board and this book I got from the library--Dream Sewing Spaces by Lynette Ranney Black it has suggestions for every type of space. Good luck.

De-Stress with Cooking, Knitting and Crochet said...

THANKS, I WILL CHECK IT OUT.

There was an error in this gadget

Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am a full time mom, wife,nurse. I love to cook, crochet and knit for leisure.

Jackie's Jams

Knitting News Cast Knitting News

My Blog List

Labels

Followers

Free Stuff - Cooking , Food

WinedIn | 10 Featured Food and Wine Pairs

There was an error in this gadget